New lights!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just installed my new lights that I got for X-mas from my girlfriend. THEY ARE AWESOME! I love them, I got 2 96 watt PC's, one bulb is a 10,000 k and the other is an actinic 03. Ten times brighter than my NO lights I had on them before. My corals are now basking in the sonshine! I am starting them off at 3 hours a day and moving up an hour or so a week. Does this seem to be ok? I just don't want a huige algae outbreak like one of my friends had. You know who you are! LOL, sorry man

TIA,
Josh

Sounds like a good starting point depending on tank depth and coral types. You do not really need to advance it that slowly but it will depend on if you start getting any nuisance algae problems along with the increased intensity. You should be able to start off with about 2-3 hrs/day and then increase by a ½ hr every 3-4 days until you up to the desired amount. If you start seeing algaes pop up, cut back and extend the time cahnges a bit.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom