New Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I recently purchased a new light fixture. Its a 72" metal halide fixture that houses 3 175w bulbs and 2 96w power compacts. The power compacts are actinic. My main goal is to provide for corals. I am new to corals so I have a lot to learn. However, I didnt want to try anything before I had more appropriate lighting. My question is with this fixture and my 210gallon tank, what types of corals am i limited to? I dont quite understand the sps, lps...ect quite yet so if you tell me I can house sps, your talking another language to me. Sorry I havent gotten fully informed yet. More or less I am looking for corals that would show movement with the current. I already have a Kenya Tree and I like the way it moves. I was also looking towards getting a pulsing Xenia but I dont know that I can. Hammer head corals was also on the top of my list but again, I am afraid I will not be able to provide for them. Any ideas and recommendations would be wonderful.

With that much light there isnt much if anything you cant have. For flowy go with hammer, torch, bubble, ect.

Looks like you got the answer right there. All you need to worry now is where should you place each kind of coral to suit their needs. Meaning how far from your light since some may get burn and some may need more than others.

Just becoming extinct.. And bulb replacement is too often, pretty soon u wont be able to find em anymore and u will again have to upgrade your fixture in a year or a couple

Not that soon, and for what you are using them for they are fine. The important lamps in that fixture are the halides.

Back
Top Bottom