New Livestock. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
Alright guys, i got alot of stuff today, and i honestly haven't a clue what to do for some of these things.

I got a zoo rock, purple firefish, 3 feather dusters, 1 cleaner shrimp, some retarded snails.. and like half a pound of live rock. Also, i got some chaeto but i know what to do with that.

Help me guys, idk.. if i can acclimate them all in the same 10G tank.. or if i have to do it seperatly, also what to do with the zoo rocks. idk. Help would be nice.

Also, can i just put the pound of live rock into the tank? It has been cured.. so would it produce any ammonia spikes or anything?

If the rock is truly cured, there should be little to no die off. As for the others, inverts should be drip acclimated and you can just drip acclimate, or do the typical acclimation on the fish. HTH.

What about the corals? Can i just throw him in the tank?

I would acclimate the snails and shrimp in a bucket.
QT the fish.
Rubberband the chaeto to a rock.
I'm not sure on the coral, I think you can just temp acclimate it to your tank..

Alright, it's just that i got a little overwhelmed lol, from all the things i got, that i kindof got lost in the moment. Everything is being acclimated right now, with a steady drip. Everything seems to be doing fine as well, everythings moving around etc.. Found some little serpent stars and a couple asterinas too lol. Just got a little hyped up haha.

Yeah, also another question for people with zoos. After they are put in the tank.. how long does it usually take for them to open up?

Alright sounds cool. I'm not in a rush or anything.. i was just wondering.

Yeah, also another question for people with zoos. After they are put in the tank.. how long does it usually take for them to open up?

That is something that really depends on the coral.

Yeah, i guess. Also, do feather dusters like to be on the sand or off the sand and in the rocks?

Phew. I knew what to do with all of them.. but there were so many things to acclimate at once.. and i didn't have enough hose to use for a drip, and then i didn't have enough places to put them all.. blah blah blah. Anyways, everyone's in the tank doing perfect. Surprisingly, my zoos are opening up haha, and all of the feather dusters seem to be doing good. Still have the same question about them in my above post. I didn't notice it until now, but the amount of asterinas that came in my chaeto was crazy. So many of them moving around now. A 1" brittle star also came in the chaeto. It's pretty cool. The firefish went behind the rockwork, and i've yet to see him come out, but the cleaner shrimp is all over the place lol.

Back
Top Bottom