New LR....lots of Orange coraline!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok...just added 70lb of new LR....alot of coraline :)
since I dont have any QT to cure it outside of the tank and I am at the tail end of my cyclin...i decided to up go ahaed and put it in the main tank.
My question is, if I do fairly large water changes for the next week of so....will this help to ensure that this coraline and the life on the rock wont die off???
(will add pics soon so you can see how pretty this rock is)

It will just cause your tank to keep cycling. An ammonia spike depending on how pre cured the rock was. Probably won't be huge but small water changes every day or two should keep your life ok. Maybe add some fresh gac to your filter and put in some Prime conditioner to help with the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate toxicity.

thanks...i have some carbon already in there...how long does a bag of carbon last before i need to change it out?

heres the pics i promised !!!

Attachments

• dsc00098.jpg
    dsc00098.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 71
  • dsc00099.jpg
    dsc00099.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 60
  • dsc00100.jpg
    dsc00100.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 68
more pics
crab on the first and a pretty good size feather duster on the second

Attachments

• dsc00105.jpg
    dsc00105.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 59
  • dsc00106.jpg
    dsc00106.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 60
30 days tops. If you've been cycling with it you should go ahead and replace it to cycle this new rock. If it gets saturated it will start leaching the poisons back into the water.

how long do you think i will ahve to do freaquent water changes before it become stable?

did u like the rock? love the orange....never seen LR with that

pearsont74 said:
more pics
crab on the first and a pretty good size feather duster on the second

I belive that is a tube worm in the second pic. I received several with my live rock.

Back
Top Bottom