Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New member and high nitrates

I have a 300 L salt water reef tank, had it going about 6 months(with no problems), had a fresh water tank before.
About a month ago we had a new carpet laid so had to move my tank, since then I can't get a balance with anything, I've tryed prime, water changes every other day and now I'm adding red sea biological nitrate and phosphate reducer also says on box, no3 : po4-x as recommend by my local salt water fish shop south west marines, with not much success, anyone have any ideas of what I can do I no why the problem started but can't se to end it. Luckily I haven't lost any fish yet but I no it's just a matter of time,
Thanks

Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblu1 View Post
I have a 300 L salt water reef tank, had it going about 6 months(with no problems), had a fresh water tank before.
About a month ago we had a new carpet laid so had to move my tank, since then I can't get a balance with anything, I've tryed prime, water changes every other day and now I'm adding red sea biological nitrate and phosphate reducer also says on box, no3 : po4-x as recommend by my local salt water fish shop south west marines, with not much success, anyone have any ideas of what I can do I no why the problem started but can't se to end it. Luckily I haven't lost any fish yet but I no it's just a matter of time,
Thanks
What do you mean by lack of balance?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #3

Well I can seem to get my nitrates down , phosphates have gone up,
No matter what I do I.e added phosphate down and changed it after 2 weeks later And it's still at 0.2.
Also started adding prime and the biological stuff a said about and top grade carbon, loads of water changes and my nitrates are still reading above 100, someone said to me it's my nitrite messing up the test, but after doing all I said its still reading high , hope that kind of makes sence lol
Old 06-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of water are you using?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bectan01 View Post
What kind of water are you using?
RO mixed with salt I buy it strate from the shop, they told me they use good salt and yes I did test it once befor I put it in and it reading 0 on nitrates lol

Tags
nitrates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com