New member and high nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billyblu1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 300 L salt water reef tank, had it going about 6 months(with no problems), had a fresh water tank before.
About a month ago we had a new carpet laid so had to move my tank, since then I can't get a balance with anything, I've tryed prime, water changes every other day and now I'm adding red sea biological nitrate and phosphate reducer also says on box, no3 : po4-x as recommend by my local salt water fish shop south west marines, with not much success, anyone have any ideas of what I can do I no why the problem started but can't se to end it. Luckily I haven't lost any fish yet but I no it's just a matter of time,
Thanks

I have a 300 L salt water reef tank, had it going about 6 months(with no problems), had a fresh water tank before.
About a month ago we had a new carpet laid so had to move my tank, since then I can't get a balance with anything, I've tryed prime, water changes every other day and now I'm adding red sea biological nitrate and phosphate reducer also says on box, no3 : po4-x as recommend by my local salt water fish shop south west marines, with not much success, anyone have any ideas of what I can do I no why the problem started but can't se to end it. Luckily I haven't lost any fish yet but I no it's just a matter of time,
Thanks

What do you mean by lack of balance?

Well I can seem to get my nitrates down , phosphates have gone up,
No matter what I do I.e added phosphate down and changed it after 2 weeks later And it's still at 0.2.
Also started adding prime and the biological stuff a said about and top grade carbon, loads of water changes and my nitrates are still reading above 100, someone said to me it's my nitrite messing up the test, but after doing all I said its still reading high , hope that kind of makes sence lol

What kind of water are you using?

RO mixed with salt I buy it strate from the shop, they told me they use good salt and yes I did test it once befor I put it in and it reading 0 on nitrates lol

Back
Top Bottom