New MH Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go With a Haquos 70w

Hi Mark,

Re your question below, technically the Haqos is a far more asthetic and better build than the Viper... also price wize its more in the price range based upon manufacturing costs, quality etc... the Viper like most of the HQI manufactures are well over priced.

Haqos do a 70w which is probably ideal for your situation 10g, also you can get these for around £70 with around £30 PP from the states.

Dont get into bought into buying a viper they are just crap, clumsy and well just look aweful!.

Hope this helps Marc
:D
The only problem is the 70w Viper is £160, whereas the 150w Haqos with double the output is £150! Plus, the Haqos looks 10 times better.

I'll have a rethink...as I already have 33w (3.3-3.5WPG CF), will my 3 leathers that haven't been looking too good recently (changing colour, not extending polyps etc.), and my pink plate coral which has started losing its colour, be brought back to life a few days after I put the new light on?!

Or, may the better light still not help them? Water parameters are fine, I feed DT's Phyto, and the corals aren't getting stung etc.

Back
Top Bottom