Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

New order from liveaquaria

I just put in my first order from liveaquaria. I am freaking excited. I stumbled upon the two corals I wanted more than anything else. I made myself sleep on it, but woke up and ordered away. From the diver's den I snagged a Blue Synphodium and a Blue trumpet coral with 34 heads!!! I also grabbed a aquacultered purple australian big polyp blasto and another aquacultured blue trumpet coral frag. Really excited to add these to my tank and then in a month, move it all over into my new 55 gallon!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like really nice stuff, I'd be stoked too! It's Synphodium huh? Cool, thought it was Sympodium, but that was verbal from my lfs. Live aquaria has great stuff, but always seems really pricey. Enjoy your new pieces.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

You will have to tell me how the experience with live aquaria goes I really want to know because I want to order from them but am not sure yet to spend all the money on shipping
Old 02-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Without getting it, I will tell you that they are quality. They wouldn't be in the position they are in and as well known as they are without being on their a game. If you are on the western side of pa maybe after they grow we can trade frags
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Without getting it, I will tell you that they are quality. They wouldn't be in the position they are in and as well known as they are without being on their a game. If you are on the western side of pa maybe after they grow we can trade frags
Near Pittsburgh by chance? I wouldn't mind finding some people to trade with
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Ill start a thread in the correct location for this and link it in this thread for those of us on the western side of pa.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Western PA LFS and trades
Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer View Post
Sounds like really nice stuff, I'd be stoked too! It's Synphodium huh? Cool, thought it was Sympodium, but that was verbal from my lfs. Live aquaria has great stuff, but always seems really pricey. Enjoy your new pieces.
Compared to what I have around for LFS, their prices are great! Easily 50% less than local (unless you count PetCo, whose animals I don't trust). I would not buy frags from them, though. (Colony pricing seems competetive though.) I've found some good stores I can travel to on business that I get great deals from.

Also, they guarantee animals for 14 days. No LFS around me does that. In fact, I'm pretty sure they only guarantee it gets out their front door alive. Last time I made a claim, all it took was a phone call.

If shipping seems high, think of what it costs to send a small package next day air from the UPS Store. It's reasonable. You can also order with a friend or save up and order for several tanks (or some of the higher end stuff) to get free shipping at $225 of livestock.

The down side is that unless you're ordering from their WYSIWYG section, you are buying blind.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Order from them all the time. I wait until I can order $225 for the free shipping.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

My order just shipped a couple hours ago. I'll have it by 430 tomorrow! I can't wait to get them in the tank and take pics.

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com