New Plumbing Diagram (head pressure headache)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey Everyone,

I am considering going to an external pump to drive my two systems. They currently each have a mag9.5 pushing them and its too much clutter in the single sump. I drew this up and wanted some opinions. Also anyone interested in taking a stab at how much head pressure I have represented in this drawing is most welcome to. Thanks everyone.

Oh, a pump suggestion would be awesome as well.

Attachments

• tankplumbingsmall.jpg
    tankplumbingsmall.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 236
http://www.reefcentral.com/calc/hlc2.php

I used this when I deceided on my pump. I use a Mak4(Genx pcx40).

In your pic, it looks like 1 line is running from the return pump? Won't you need a supply and return line? Also, will the supply work by going up and over the sump wall like that?

Thanks for the link.

In your pic, it looks like 1 line is running from the return pump? Won't you need a supply and return line? Also, will the supply work by going up and over the sump wall like that?

Yea, I drew it wrong. Its updated and fixed now. As far as going over the sump, I have no idea, I have never done this before :?:

According to that link (SUPER helpful BTW) a dolphin ampmaster 3000 will get me about 2300GPH which is 14X my 165G TSV an hour before my tunze, skimmer pumps, etc. I may want to bump that number up a bit though, not 100% Any other thoughts?

I think you could but you would have to prime the pump, maybe. You can't start them dry, as far as I know.

I would drill the sump and feed the pump that way. Try to use as few 90 degree bends as possible. 45's are your friend.

Back
Top Bottom