Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
My local fish store sells large zoa colonies of like 45-75 for 20-30 very cheap and another one I go to sells 3-4 heads for 30$ so there's always a huge price variation.

75G SPS Bare Bottom Reef
4g Nano LPS Reef
40g Fowlr
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by Rutrag

If no one buys from them because their prices are high, won't that happen anyway?
Good point indeed!!

Tmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Best thing I've found about zoas is the majority of the high priced ones you can get almost identical colors from another type just with a different name..imo your getting scammed if you end up paying the $10-$15 a head that some places ask for
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are som of my recent zoa acquisitions:

Eagle eyes ($15 at Atlantic Sea Farms - Atlantic Sea Farms featuring ricordia, zoanthids, palyothoa, LPS, SPS.):

Supposedly "snake" zoas. I bought these blind from satwaterfish.com for I think $15. They flouresce green under my blues, but otherwise I think they're kind of ugly:

$10 (+ buy 3 get one free from Aquatic Obsession in Manassas, VA)

Another $10 (+ buy 3 get one free from Aquatic Obsession.) It's pretty much closed up in this pic because I just moved it and epoxied it in place from having fallen:

It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
Rutrag is offline   Reply With Quote

polyp, polyps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com