New Potter's Angel; any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiko

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just picked up a Potter's angelfish from my LFS. I watched it for about a week there, it was eating well, and looked healthy - so I bought it yesterday, passing over some very nice Flame Angels.

It appears very happy and has been swimming around the live rock in my 55 FOWLR, nipping at things here and there. It is very acitve and swims a consistent pattern through live rock, swimming out in the open occasionally.

Does anyone else have one of these fish? Any special instructions aside from what my LFS owner told me?

Mahalo

Kiko said:
Does anyone else have one of these fish? Any special instructions aside from what my LFS owner told me?
They are no more difficult than any other commonly sold angel as long as there is enough grazing rock. Feed with a well rounded diet of veggie's, meats, sponges (frozen angel prepearations) and [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym] loaded vitamins.

I had mine for quite a few years before it decided to go carpet surfing so be sure you have some eggcrate covering the tank.

Beautiful fish (y)

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve-s.

How do I get the food down to the Angelfish, which hangs out a that the bottom of the tank?

My two clowns, raccoon butterflyfish, and cleaner shrimp are quick, and gobble up everything that I give them.

Just give it some time. Once it gets a little more aquainted with it's surroundings and clues in on the food, it'll be a little piggy. The LR should provide it some grazing foods. You can also try a sheet of Nori. It might take to it or ignore it but it's worth a try.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom