New RBTA Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
Petco had a 30% off all livestock & I was aiming to pick up a new, different color RBTA. I already have 2, but wanted a different colored one. When I called around only one local Petco actually had RBTA's.. When I got there I was incredibly disappointed by both the size and the coloration...

I had a 40$ store credit and after 30% off, I got this RBTA for 25$ after tax.

This thing is so tiny, like the size of a half dollar coin, and it's very bleached, but still showing nice pink..

Is there anyway to tell if the coloration is going to be different than the other one I already have which is pictured? Or is it just a waiting game?

Also, this is definitely a baby because of the size and not a cut from another nem? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424719649.384979.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, besides it being very bleached it is a rbta. In terms of a 'baby' anemone...one of the ways they reproduce is by splitting. This then divides the anemone in half, making it half the size. As you suggested, this is something that we can 'force' with a razor blade. That said, still the same process. As it stands, there isn't any way to tell what the end healing process will look like until it happens.

Back
Top Bottom