New Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

609tsmith1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My previous aquarium fell victim to a 5 day power outage in NJ...I have a new aquarium up and running using the same live rock and this time I used Dr. Tim's to instant cycle, which by the way, is awesome. I added fish 2 minutes after Dr. Tim's and they are fine a month and a half later... I am putting up new pics..need help to I.D. A couple corals in there...usually u guys are pretty helpful so new pics will be up ASAP...also since the 5 day outage I now have a battery backup...an apex CPU system and a generator...fool me once....

Negative it is a unleaded gas generator...after the Storm people couldn't sell them back to the store...got a $800 generac generator with 18 gallons of gas and 8 extension cords for 400...each full tank runs it for 10 hours...still not prepped for a lengthy disaster but short term it'll be ok

Checkout Youtube. simple conversion kits available to make a tri fuel - gasoline/natural gas and propane. I've done it to two gens I have here. First one 4200 watts and second 17,000 watts.

Nice..I never even thought to do that....I def will check that out...great advice

Back
Top Bottom