Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm glad things worked out!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, at this point, all is well, until the next "crisis". Thanks for your help.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaTricia View Post
thank you. thanks to guys like you, us newbies are able to get the info needed, but don't worry, i'm sure i will be back during the next question on the tank.
We were all noob's once, It wont be long before you'll be answering people's questions

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice FINatic

that's a nice idea, but it still feels like i'll never know enough to help others. i'll keep studying, reading and asking until i have the prettiest, safest 28 gallon nano reef in the area. i really do thank you all for your help.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice FINatic

just an update. since green water was gone for 2 days, i did a water change, added ChemiPure Elite, and removed the stock sponge. also added a sheet of fiber to the next compartment in the trickle filter. my husband says the tank looks "milky", so I'm trying to clear it up and lots of people on these forums, you know, the experts, have suggested all this.
i took my 7 year old granddaughter to the "big" fish store yesterday and got two juvenile, captive bred percula clowns, 2 ricordea floridas and one very large frag off a beautiful mushroom of some sort. i will definately look this one up to get a correct name. i also bough a fair sized torch coral and it is wonderful swinging in the current. will be looking for more of this type when i go again. everything looked wonderful this morning.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaTricia
just an update. since green water was gone for 2 days, i did a water change, added ChemiPure Elite, and removed the stock sponge. also added a sheet of fiber to the next compartment in the trickle filter. my husband says the tank looks "milky", so I'm trying to clear it up and lots of people on these forums, you know, the experts, have suggested all this.
i took my 7 year old granddaughter to the "big" fish store yesterday and got two juvenile, captive bred percula clowns, 2 ricordea floridas and one very large frag off a beautiful mushroom of some sort. i will definately look this one up to get a correct name. i also bough a fair sized torch coral and it is wonderful swinging in the current. will be looking for more of this type when i go again. everything looked wonderful this morning.
Grats on the new purchase , usually when people make nice purchase on these forums we usually get a pic to go along * nudge * but been following this for a while now an happy to hear everything is coming along smoothly
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

You know i gotta say it "Pics or it didnt happen" Glad things are working out

Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok, I got it, I got it. Pics will be forthcoming. The tank is still a little milky looking, so I did my research and found sand and salt particulates in the sump. Heavily! Took everything out of the sump and 10 gallons of water later, my husband and I flushed it all up and suctioned it out. At least that is why (i hope) I had milky water. By morning, I hope it to be better looking and I'm going to the " little" fish store to get some more saltwater, and maybe, just maybe another couple of corals and a Banggai Cardinalfish. This store tends to be expensive for stock items, and all livestock is brought in From wherever, which is why I usually don't mind the long trek to the "big" fish store. Medical reasons mean I have to have a ride to the doctor in the morning and I will have to rely on someone to take me to the lfs. Keep you posted and pics tomorrow night, if my husband doesn't shoot me. He's the photographer.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics are a great way to get him involved. And you know what they say a pic is worth a thousand words

Old 07-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #100
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Pics have been delayed as i got sick and he didn't know what i really wanted. water is still "milky" and he feels that there is more garbage under the sump. he wants to bring a water hose from outside and flush this section and then suction it all out. haven't lost any livestock, so i'm at least pleased with that. my ricordea have doubled in size and i later picked up with a Kenya Tree coral. it is beautiful. i will now wait a couple of weeks or more before purchasing anything new, as next Saturday, i will be leaving town for a week and will probably be exhausted when i return. i have to teach my husband how to run the tank as well as 4 freshwater tanks.
tomorrow, i will tell him what i want in pics for you guys, so i should have them for you by evening. thanks for the patience.

Tags
jbj, nano, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com