New reef JBJ CF nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot something. I bought 10 pounds of Caribsea Florida Crushed Coral. My live white sugar sand is getting all over everywhere even when I blast it off the rocks with the turkey baster. Also, because I am having to hand remove that hairy stuff, my 3" sand bed is now less than one inch. Would it be all right to rinse this well and use it? Think it will help my "hairy" problem? Should I put it on top or kinda stir it in?

I mixed mine but the larger grains settled to the bottom after a year or so. Have you tested the water your getting from the LFS? Or maybe try another brand of food you need to find the source of those phosphates :(

i will test the sw and top off i get from the lfs today before i clean the tank. since i have such a small amount of sand left, i may go ahead and add the crushed coral. it won't hurt my narcissus (never could spell that) will it?

I'll have to remember that. Forgot that my test kits are at my daughter's house. I gave them a tank for an early Xmas. It is cycling now. Since we will be gone a little over a week on the cruise, we lowered the lighting to four hours a day. Hope that will help with this algae problem.

Back
Top Bottom