Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #171
Aquarium Advice Addict

Time of feeding will depend on the fish and when they are most active but for the most part feeding during the day is best

Old 08-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #172
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaTricia
Ok. I was worried. Like somebody said, the books don't tell you everything. If they start covering the tank, do I have to "lose them" too? I still don't know what to do. And I am afraid of over feeding. I started only broadcast feeding once a day, then I will begin every other. But my fish are juvies, so I give them flakes every day. Also, I don't remember if I previously asked, but do I broadcast feed with the lights on or off. I feed the shrimp pellets every other night.
Ive never really seen them overrun a tank, it would be very hard to do so dont worry.

Also what are you broadcast feeding?

Old 08-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #173
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have Mysis shrimp, enriched brine shrimp, and Cyclop-eeze. Oh, I also have Daphnia, but I don't use it much in the reef tank. I give that to my FW tanks.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #174
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hear hermits taste like chicken Im sure some LFS will be happy to get him

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #175
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lfs will not take him back. I don't like this lfs, even though it's the closest SW to me. No warranties, no returns. Use them only in emergencies when I can't get across town for what I need. So, now what do I do? I don't know anyone with a SW tank.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #176
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just keep on eye on him he may have just been picking stuff off the coral frag My hermits like to search every thing i place in my tank even my hands

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #177
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok. I'll watch. Thank you.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #178
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaTricia
Ok. I'll watch. Thank you.
Hermits are usually fine with corals. Many times it will appear they are picking at them but most often they are picking in between polyps or something thats on them.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #179
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok. It just worried me with how big he is, and how small the corals are. I will watch, though.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #180
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Hermits are usually fine with corals. Many times it will appear they are picking at them but most often they are picking in between polyps or something thats on them.
My shrimps are that way. Came home to a missing green star polyp. Had my husband turn on the lights and the hermit was where the polyp should be. I found it on the rubble at the bottom of the tank. It had been thoroughly glued down and was even growing. For tonight, I scraped off the glue and wedged in between two rocks. I also noted that one of a pair of purple ricordea attached to rock rubble from the Los is shriveling up, but the other looks fine. The only difference between the two is, on the side of the rubble, under the shriveled ricordea is something growing out of the side that I said looked like the business end of a round corn broom. A couple of days ago it was about 1/4 inch and now it's about 1/2 inch. Could this have anything to do with it. BTW, the hermit crawled away to a different rock. He might not have had anything to do with the star polyp, but I just don't like him!

Tags
jbj, nano, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com