Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
New Reef Project

Heyas AA! Its been a while since I poked my head in here. My system took a bad knock a while back and it burned me out on reef keeping for a while. I downsized my system to a 75G and kept it up and going mostly because I had so much invested I didn't have the heart to tear it all down. Then basically I woke up one day full re-invested, got my tank back to pristine conditions over a couple months and then completely lost my mind and decided to build a monster system in my basement. Just thought I would say hello and post a link of what I have been up to lately. Good to talk to you all again!

Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome back! You have definately been busy. It all is looking great. We are house shoping now and this is in my future plans.

Keep us posted.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Welcome back, busy is not the right word. Looking very good
Learn from others' mistakes. There is not enough time for you to make them all!
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Very nice and welcome back!!

The pvc stand made me smile. I built a skimmer stand out of pvc pipe.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome Back!!!
Looks like a fun project. Glad you are re-invigurated.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
Pretty neat! I actually envisioned doing the same thing while I was constructing our movie room (in basement) - however, couldn't swing the finances on both the major construction and fish tank endeavor simultaneously.

I did do the top/bottom fish tank thing (190g top, 125g bottom). The trick is that the bottom tank needs to be at least 6" to 8" off the ground and the pump(s) have to be located at ground level. If the tanks are drilled at the bottom, just attach a 90 degree bend on them and feed the pipe/tube straight out to the pump(s). Of course, you probably can do this several other ways (ain't plumbing fun).

Anyway, congratulations on doing a wonderful job. It looks great!

kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote

project, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com