New reef tank with hole in overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are two layers of plastic with a air space in between. The hole was cut through both layers of plastic. Suppose each hole needs sealed up individually or don't worry about that?
Only the inside hole has to be plugged. Just so long as the water needs to come over the top and through the surface skimmer teeth, you will be fine.

Only the inside hole has to be plugged. Just so long as the water needs to come over the top and through the surface skimmer teeth, you will be fine.

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if the air gap was wide enough to allow unwanted visitors to enter.

But if fish can fit... They will take a ride to the sump.

If you look at the pic. The first wall is wide open with that hole. If it goes in there.. The hole.. it will go straight to the top on the back side of the teeth. Drop into the back side and to sump..

I don't see it. Then use your own discretion cainboy.
What I'm saying is that little area between the two panels is fine to have whatever live in.

Ya. Those type of overflows are double walled so water can go through 3 sections of teeth . Low middle and top section. That way since its double walled anything that enters that hike he has... Say a small gobie. It will get sucked up to the top and into the sump..

Back
Top Bottom