New Refractometer questions about Salinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I just got my new RefractoMeter today and Was suprised to find out that The DeepSix is off by .003 from the Refracto.. The DeepSix states the Salinity is 1.024 while the Refracto states 1.027 IMO 1.027 is quite high.. Should I worry about this as NSW is 36ppt or approx 1.027-8 Should I work On slowly lowering this to 1.025. Just an FYI it has always been at the current salinity since the begining...

Also I was wondering When Calibrating the Refractometer I can use RO/DI instead of distilled correct??? BTW PremiumAquatics has a nice Refractometer for nice Prices..

TIA,
James

Yes, you can use RO/DI to calibrate the refrac. I don't even look at the SG scale on mine. I keep my water at 35ppt. I wouldn't be too concerned about the 1.027 reading you're getting though...that's not far enough out of range to bother anything. Correct it with the next water change.

35ppt from the reading on the Refrac. is 1.027 should I just leave it here then... Everything seems to be doing great and I have never had any issues....

James

ok like the saying goes If it ain't broke Don't fix it right...

James

Back
Top Bottom