New remora C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guys i just got my Remora C, its all setup and and i cant be sure if its working 100%
its creating the froth/bubbles, but its not bubbling up to the collection cup its only started within the tube leading up to the cup, its about 5cm off getting into the collection cup, i am using a slightly large pump then the 1200. Its a 2000LPH rather then the 1200LPH (i would of thought this would be better anyways)
It has been running over night and after waking up the froth/bubbles havent moved up, they are in the same place.
do i just need to wait longer?

Where do you have your cup set at? The only thing that I can think of is that you are skimming dry. There is a break in period of, I think, a week. I dont remember it affecting the skimming performance though, just the sound.

I may sound stupid, but skimming dry how is this achived.
the way that this is setup is PH in the water plumped directly into the skimmer and the skimmer does its thing... I know this sounds dumb but when it comes to skimming i have no idea.

I dont know about yours but my excalibur has a pipe that returns the water back into the sump that moves up and down controlling the froth level up or down. Dont know how that one works but maybe there is an adjustment somewhere.

On the actual collection cup there is a rubber "O" ring type of thing that you can slide up or down. If you slide it down towards the bottom of the collection cup, it will be skimming "dry". If you push the O ring up towards the top of the collection cup you will get more water in the cup and that is why its called skimming wet. And no, you aren't stupid for asking questions! You're just learning like the rest of us!

ntswift said:
And no, you aren't stupid for asking questions! You're just learning like the rest of us!

As Mr Swift said there is no dumb question. We learn something everyday.

break-in is about 2-3 weeks..keep the cup down as far as you can during this period and dont let your oils (from you skin) get inside the cup...this slows down breakin and creates more air bubbles.

Perfect, thanks a million guys always very helpful.
:)

Back
Top Bottom