New RO system issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i put some water in a glass and it reads 006PPM. Put it in my 5gal bucket and reads 22PPM. Any thoughts?

Should be clean. Any thoughts on cleaning them if there is something??

Maybe rinse it with distiller water until you get a zero reading for RO out of the bucket?

sounds like dirty containers. 6ppm isnt that bad tho

what system? age of the filters?

Purewaterclu.com. Maybe a couple months old. Ran maybe 150gal through it. Have it running again though. See if it gets any better. Thoughts on what i should use to clean the bucket?

like Alyxx said, some fresh distilled water. I have 2 buckets specifically for my tanks, nothing else, to make sure nothing contaminates.

If that does work think like Home Depot 5gal buckets are ok?

If that does work think like Home Depot 5gal buckets are ok?

These are exactly the buckets I use. I also poured one gallon at a time in and naked two side of the bucket so I know how much water I've pulled out of my tank as well. I use the same two buckets for removing and adding water to my tanks.

I did decide to just get a new bucket and all good. No point in trying to make the other work.

Did contact the place i got the filter through and they want me to send $5 for another DI stage to get it to 0PPM. Kinda like hows about for free since thats what was advertised!

Back
Top Bottom