new rock arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Marco rocks. 50lbs. More smaller pieces than I thought. Still, I see great potential with this small weight and a great amount of surface area. Only a 36g going now, but will be likely enuf for my planned 90g tank. They did forget the 10lbs of morter mix. We'll see how the customer service goes. I'm optimistic .

Attachments

• image-415620140.jpg
    image-415620140.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3960520145.jpg
    image-3960520145.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 84
Yup, I used about 75lbs of that and ~20 of lr. Did you ask for specific sizes? I had emailed them asking for what the various sizes that I wanted and they were very accommodating.

Good stuff.. tends to hold the gunk though. I try to blast w/ a powerhead every other week or so. On the up side, lots of nooks and crannies for snails and crabs to hide in from my trigger on the hunt

Didn't think about the gunk holding potential. Hmmmm. I did ask for larger pieces that I could piece together. I did expect half as many pieces.

PS - lemme see a pic of yours in the tank

I actually have a huge hunka one hanging around.. Prob 12X4 at least ('i'd have to measure it/take a pic)...If your interested.. Just pay for the box and it's yours

Wow those are some great pieces! Definitely if I'm ever in need of some rock them and reefcleaners will be my go-to people

Marco rocks are great. I got a 25lbs box of nano sized pieces and they all look amazing. Way better than the rock from drs. Foster and Smith. Their rock was solid.

^LOL I remember reading about how it was bad. Didn't specify why though. Btw quit following me!

lol, sorry, you just post too fast.

And yeah, the Foster & Smith rock was just so heavy, not very porous at all, and it came in three humungous pieces. I had emailed them asking for baseball and softball sized pieces, and they even confirmed that. Somehow I wound up with boulders.

ive gotten lr from fosters and Smith and had the same experience. I wont shop from that site any longer.

My LR experience with the Drs was fantastic. The shapes were so unique and all the rock was very porous... not to mention all of the different colors.

Back
Top Bottom