Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hondachico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
New rock,New coral, and New FTS

Court in session, OPINIONS PLEASE!! Thank you lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1277702785.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	115432   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3835927679.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	115438  

__________________

__________________
Hondachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austin,tx
Posts: 1,699
Looks good. I would move that favia to the sand or slight above it. So it can heal. They can get irritated by the sand sometimes. But how bulbs does that fixture have?
__________________

__________________
Bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austin,tx
Posts: 1,699
Unless it is being shaded by the rock above. Hard to tell from the pic.
__________________
Bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Like it. My daughter said that the 2 rocks on left with holes in them (the lighter ones) look like eyes and the lighter one below it looks like a crooked mustache. Lol.
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hondachico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Like it. My daughter said that the 2 rocks on left with holes in them (the lighter ones) look like eyes and the lighter one below it looks like a crooked mustache. Lol.
Tell your daughter now that I look at it it's very true it does look like it lol
__________________
Hondachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hondachico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
Looks good. I would move that favia to the sand or slight above it. So it can heal. They can get irritated by the sand sometimes. But how bulbs does that fixture have?
What do you mean heal? It's placed lower middle on a rock but i moved it where it's not shaded at all, what should I do? I have quad t5s
__________________
Hondachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
I'll give you my honest opinion and please I do not intend to offend. If it were me and were all different in what we like. I like your tank and I only have a BC29 so I'd love to have that tank to scape.

So if it were me I'd do 2 rock scapes on each side and leave the center open. I'd make one side on the bottom a nice through cave near the sand bed. The other side I'd do a nice through cave in the middle. That's just me though. It would open the tank up and give it a nice natural look IMO.

You have nice rock to work with and a beautiful canvas to start off with. One day I wish to own a bigger tank.

Either way it's a great tank and as long as you like it that's all that matters.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder not the viewer
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondachico

Tell your daughter now that I look at it it's very true it does look like it lol
Now we probably ruined it for you- every time you look at it now, you're gonna see eyes and crooked mustache!! It's gonna drive you crazy now!! Lol
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hondachico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

Now we probably ruined it for you- every time you look at it now, you're gonna see eyes and crooked mustache!! It's gonna drive you crazy now!! Lol
No it's alright lol
__________________
Hondachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hondachico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
I'll give you my honest opinion and please I do not intend to offend. If it were me and were all different in what we like. I like your tank and I only have a BC29 so I'd love to have that tank to scape.

So if it were me I'd do 2 rock scapes on each side and leave the center open. I'd make one side on the bottom a nice through cave near the sand bed. The other side I'd do a nice through cave in the middle. That's just me though. It would open the tank up and give it a nice natural look IMO.

You have nice rock to work with and a beautiful canvas to start off with. One day I wish to own a bigger tank.

Either way it's a great tank and as long as you like it that's all that matters.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder not the viewer
I know what u mean and I hate every time that I scape it never comes out like I really want it, what I really want is what u say, I want the rocks to just be on top of each other on opposite ends and then in the middle join like a big arc with maybe two caves in the middle
__________________

__________________
Hondachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coral, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.