New rock,New coral, and New FTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Court in session, OPINIONS PLEASE!! Thank you lol

Attachments

• image-1277702785.jpg
    image-1277702785.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3835927679.jpg
    image-3835927679.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 94
Looks good. I would move that favia to the sand or slight above it. So it can heal. They can get irritated by the sand sometimes. But how bulbs does that fixture have?

Unless it is being shaded by the rock above. Hard to tell from the pic.

Like it. My daughter said that the 2 rocks on left with holes in them (the lighter ones) look like eyes and the lighter one below it looks like a crooked mustache. Lol.

Beengirl said:
Like it. My daughter said that the 2 rocks on left with holes in them (the lighter ones) look like eyes and the lighter one below it looks like a crooked mustache. Lol.

Tell your daughter now that I look at it it's very true it does look like it lol

Bige said:
Looks good. I would move that favia to the sand or slight above it. So it can heal. They can get irritated by the sand sometimes. But how bulbs does that fixture have?

What do you mean heal? It's placed lower middle on a rock but i moved it where it's not shaded at all, what should I do? I have quad t5s

I'll give you my honest opinion and please I do not intend to offend. If it were me and were all different in what we like. I like your tank and I only have a BC29 so I'd love to have that tank to scape.

So if it were me I'd do 2 rock scapes on each side and leave the center open. I'd make one side on the bottom a nice through cave near the sand bed. The other side I'd do a nice through cave in the middle. That's just me though. It would open the tank up and give it a nice natural look IMO.

You have nice rock to work with and a beautiful canvas to start off with. One day I wish to own a bigger tank.

Either way it's a great tank and as long as you like it that's all that matters.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder not the viewer ;)

Hondachico said:
Tell your daughter now that I look at it it's very true it does look like it lol

Now we probably ruined it for you- every time you look at it now, you're gonna see eyes and crooked mustache!! It's gonna drive you crazy now!! Lol

Beengirl said:
Now we probably ruined it for you- every time you look at it now, you're gonna see eyes and crooked mustache!! It's gonna drive you crazy now!! Lol

No it's alright lol

Convict2161 said:
I'll give you my honest opinion and please I do not intend to offend. If it were me and were all different in what we like. I like your tank and I only have a BC29 so I'd love to have that tank to scape.

So if it were me I'd do 2 rock scapes on each side and leave the center open. I'd make one side on the bottom a nice through cave near the sand bed. The other side I'd do a nice through cave in the middle. That's just me though. It would open the tank up and give it a nice natural look IMO.

You have nice rock to work with and a beautiful canvas to start off with. One day I wish to own a bigger tank.

Either way it's a great tank and as long as you like it that's all that matters.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder not the viewer ;)

I know what u mean and I hate every time that I scape it never comes out like I really want it, what I really want is what u say, I want the rocks to just be on top of each other on opposite ends and then in the middle join like a big arc with maybe two caves in the middle

Hondachico said:
I know what u mean and I hate every time that I scape it never comes out like I really want it, what I really want is what u say, I want the rocks to just be on top of each other on opposite ends and then in the middle join like a big arc with maybe two caves in the middle

That sounds good. Again it's just my opinion. I wish I could come there and help ya achieve exactly what your vision is. I know exactly what your going for, it's hard sometimes to get it just right. Sometimes it takes a few times.

Hey listen, I had to major collapses before I got my tank just how I wanted it. I remember one time rushing to the LFS and grabbing a bunch live rock because everything just caved in on me.

Back
Top Bottom