New rusty angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Not the best pic will get a better one later. But this is my rusty angel that's getting acclimated

Attachments

• image-1613002099.jpg
    image-1613002099.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 204
Yes I am aware of that. Most of my corals are soft corals anyway

He has now been in the tank for about 5 hours and hasn't nipped any corals. He goes up and looks at them then swims away. I no he may start but hopefully he won't

He's a photo of him in the tank. Please excuse the lines on the glass. Would of wiped it off but didn't want to stress him even more.

Attachments

• image-3787770135.jpg
    image-3787770135.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 184
He has now been in the tank for about 5 hours and hasn't nipped any corals. He goes up and looks at them then swims away. I no he may start but hopefully he won't

Hopefully not. Mine didn't start for a few days. I know mine is a different species, but she wouldn't eat. She eats anything I feed the tank now, but still nips occasionally. What I do now, is go to my lfs and take any fleshy dying corals (wellsy's, trachy's, etc) and let her eat that. It seems to be working.

Thats a cool fish. Any dwarf angel will have the "coral nipping" risk. I had a rusty for about 6 months and he was awesome! Problem was I didn't really plan well with stocking order and he was the 2nd fish I put in after a bad crash and he was king of the tank... He killed a royal gramma, LN hawk, diamond goby and an anthias before I took him back to the fish store. So I would say make sure to add hardier and preferably bigger fish after him you should be good.

He's definitely already one of my favourite fish. Do you adding a six line wrasse after him will be bad?

Fed him for the first time today. Didn't seem to wanna touch the nori although he tried it. Seemed to really like the new life spectrum pellets though

Congrats! She will eat nori in due time. It took my coral beauty a month to eat prepared or nori. They grazed on my visibly algae free rocks.

Yea. I had to leave the light down a put it in through the back of the tank other wise shed not come out of the rocks.

Yea. I had to leave the light down a put it in through the back of the tank other wise shed not come out of the rocks.

That is one of the reasons I love having a QT I get to put my fish in the DT at night when all lights are out and the fishes are sleeping less stress in the new guys.

That is one of the reasons I love having a QT I get to put my fish in the DT at night when all lights are out and the fishes are sleeping less stress in the new guys.

I did put mine in when the lights were off

Back
Top Bottom