New scooter dragonet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The display fin is on males and the pods won't really effect your parameters unless you added an insane amount.. check out reefs2go.com.. they've got buy one get one free on 1000 pods

Glad he's eating more, I think thats a good sign. :) Just keep up what youre doing and you could be fine.

Here's what I have as far as the mandarin, the scooter makes a brief appearance LOL. It's only 1 minute long but it shows the mandarin hunting and eating mysis.

http://youtu.be/b0j47_BdV_A

Wow carey you have such beautiful fish and they all look very healthy. With my scooter he doesn't seem to want to eat when the lights are off as when if fed him this morning when the lights were off he didn't eat but yesterday when I fed him when the lights were on he ate. Is this normal

Every fish is different. I would feed with the lights on then, whatever tactic you have to use to make sure he eats. :)

Ok and I am getting some mysis shrimp an bloodworms to see what he likes best. I am also thinking about getting some cyclopeas for him.

carey said:
Glad he's eating more, I think thats a good sign. :) Just keep up what youre doing and you could be fine.

Here's what I have as far as the mandarin, the scooter makes a brief appearance LOL. It's only 1 minute long but it shows the mandarin hunting and eating mysis.

http://youtu.be/b0j47_BdV_A

Beautiful fish, I see that yours likes to swim up. Mine rarely does and I think it's because of flow

Ok so last night I fed my scooter blood worms and he only ate a few. So tonight i will try try mysis shrimp then I will feed him the one he was most responsive to out f brine shrimp and mysis shrimp.

Ok my experiment is complete. Out of the brine shrimp the blood worms and the mysis shrimp he responds best to the bribe shrimp. I am also start to culture copepods and rotifers to feed him. I also am starting a culture of phytoplankton to feed the rotifers and copepods

Just keep at it, it won't happen after just a few days or a week in my experience. My mandy took a month or so and the scooter took a few weeks.

yeah just got to keep at it and then they will just get in the habit of it all the sudden and will go right after it. they just need to get hungry enough to fully except it maybe?

my little scooter is by far my favorite fish.

Back
Top Bottom