Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigalwoo

Thanks or for the feedback, what color are your coral lights? And why are they coral lights? Thanks again
ATI does not use the traditional 10k+, they name there product line. The coral plus bulb is around a 12k temp and the blue plus us close to a 20k temp, maybe a little bluer.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Jumping in here.

I have a Sebae Nem which i have had for about 3 months now and shortly after i bought it the colour bleached and it started getting smaller. I was very close to getting rid of it as i certainly did not want it dying in my Display Tank.

I recently setup a QT and its now in there alone. In the DT it was getting harassed by my 2 clowns and couldn't get any peace or quiet so i thought the best thing would be to QT it! Its under new LED's i recently purchased and seems to be perking up. It got to a 'Really Bad' state and it is starting to revive itself.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've had my anemone since month 1 , I know I should but my wife bought it cuz she tought it looked cool. I also have a four bulb T5 and haven't had a problem yet . Since I have added a GBTA and a RBTA. It's not advised to do so but it can be done .
Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur View Post
I have to hop in here, because my nems are two years strong under a 24" quad T5HO. I am also keep a ORA maxima and 2 squamosa clams under my lighting. What it comes down to is the PAR your lighting is giving off. If you are using a bulb like odyssey or anything from a big box retailer, expect low par and poor performance.

I personally use ATI, I am running 2 coral+ and 2 blue+ bulbs with amazing success. The reason I think this is pertinent to bring up here is because I think it is wrong advice to say you cannot keep a nem under a quad T5HO, just have to supply the right quality bulbs.

With that said, I concur with everything else said. Nems just will not prosper in a new tank...

No offense to noobs, but usually their lighting is minimal with inexpensive fixtures and bulbs at the start. It is a expensive hobby to get into. So a lot have less than adequate lighting. So unless you have a good fixture and bulbs a T5HO is not enough lighting. But almost all MH lighting will support a nem. And with a less than mature tank, the chances go down. Also noobs usually end up with bleached nems (thanks LFS) which need MH light if they are to have any chance at all.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How's the nem doing now?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by begginersluck
How's the nem doing now?
Sorry it's not a very good photo, but it looks the same. This photo isn't too good either, the nem looked a lot healthier yesterday although its still bleached to hell. Time will tell I guess
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3951672108.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	128849  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Is it possible to move the rock it is on a tad higher in the tank? It is leaning out to get light, but in the same breath don't want to shock it with tossing it at the top of the tank.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Is it possible to move the rock it is on a tad higher in the tank? It is leaning out to get light, but in the same breath don't want to shock it with tossing it at the top of the tank.
Yes possibly, it's annoying because it strives for the light but since I got it, I have upgraded my t5ho bulbs and got more but it won't shine down behind the rocks and the nem doesn't know what his missing out on. I will try changing the position during the course of the day, il post updates.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

Okay so I couldn't move the rock because it was attached to my entire aquascape and many corals would have been disturbed, so instead I carefully moved the nem and moved him near the front under the strong lighting and better flow, if it has any chance of survival this is it's best hope.

Tags
anemone, strange

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com