new shells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishtender

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all. Does anyone know of a site that I can purchase some new shells for my hermies that wont soak me a ton for shipping too?

I don't have a LFS, they are all D(istant)FS's.

Perhaps one of you have some that you would part with for a fair price.

Thank You

Howard

Hey fishtender,

Head over to our website, www.shellport.com and pick out the shells you want via the "Online Shopping" link. Fire that list over to me via PM and I'll see what I can do for ya...

lol

I went to the $1 store and bought a bunch of those "shells in a basket" things... I think I spent $3 and have WAY more hermit crab shells then I'll ever need.

Just be sure to clean them with vinegar and then let them soak in some good distilled or leftover R/O water before dropping them in. I left mine to soak during the day in the vinegar and then left them soaking overnight in my R/O water and had no problems at all when dropping them in the tank. The vinegar will kill off anything chemical/bleachy and sterilize the shells while the water will rinse them cleanly. My hermits were VERY happy when they got their new shells... they spent days trying on new ones. 0X

my LFS has a bucket or two full of shells that they keep in the same tank as their LS. They charge 10 cents a piece. Shop around a little and you can probably find something. I have, on the otherhand, also seen another LFS that tries to sell them for 1 dollar a piece... so YMMV :?

Back
Top Bottom