New Sleeper Sleeping???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TitoBoyz2491

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I just got a new gold head sleeper for my tank 2 days ago and havent seen much of it. Is this normal? The water is good, I've read that they hide for the first couple of days. But would like to know if anybody here has experienced this?

What size tank do you have? What other inhabitants? Do you have sand for him to burrow in? They love the frozen cube food...I wash it and thaw it good and then target feed him. Now he comes up in the tank at feeding time.

Last edited:
I would imagine for a while he might be like that but he will eventually get so he stays out front more.

Well here's the story. I bought a bicolor blenny around a week ago and it was doing fine until it jumped out the tank. Well i asked my brother (who was going to the pet store) if he'd mind asking if it was possible 2 get another bicolor. Long story short he ends up bringing back a gold head sleeper. (Supposedly they didnt hav another blenny) Well they wnt take the sleeper back. The sleeper is around 3 to 4 inches long.

To finish my previous post ^ , The tank he's in currently is a 20 G long, I was kinda mad at the time of seeing the fish that I received thinking it was the fish I expected. I read up on the goby and see that you need a 50 G, Do you think he'll do fine in my 20 G long?

LA says "To be successfully cared for, it should be housed in a 50 gallon or larger aquarium with live sand as the substrate, and an attached populated refugium. A well-sealed canopy should be provided."

I would say it needs a bigger tank. I believe they are sifters and the reason they suggest the bigger tank is for more sand area for them. The last part of that quote is very important. It is a jumper and steps need to be taken to keep it in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom