new solar wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
here is a pic of our new solar wrasee ( Cirrhilabrus solarensis )
he seems to be doing well. ate about 10 pieces of frozen mysis toady. very cool fish. active swimmer and great colors. this one is actually much more blue on his sides. the camera is picking it up more green.

steve r

Attachments

• solar_wrasse_web.jpg
    solar_wrasse_web.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 148
thanks all. we actually have always wanted a lunar, sunset or christmas wrasse. but we like our shrimp and other inverts as much as those wrasse would probably like to eat them, so this was a nice reef safe option

steve r

I had one of those fish for about a year before it went carpet surfing, very cool fish it was one of my favorites... just make sure your tank is covered.

I was going to say that I believe that these are jumpers but be careful how you do cover. If you use glass tops you will have PH problems due to poor gas exchange. Maybe egg crate or just a canopy.

i am not sure on the color. i have not seen anything listing a terminal stage for this type of wrasse. i know lunar, sunset and christmas wrasse will go through different stages. maybe someone else could chime in. i do know he eats like a pig! i ahve never had fish eat this much in QT. hopefully it is a good sign :D

steve r

Back
Top Bottom