NEW stand and sump pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well you all know i moved about two weeks ago so this allowed me to build my new stand and install the sump that sumphead and i built. I am very happy with it. Keep in mind the doors are not on the stand yet due to the fact that i have not had time to buld them yet. But they will be nice cabinent style doors. There are three doors on the stand. Two in the fron and one on the left side of the stand. That way if for any reason something goes wrong with the sump i can just slid eit out the side door. B/xc we pretty much built the stand around the sump. I also built a box to keep my annoying and very unatracvtive halide ballast in. Here are the pics and tell me what you think. Also the tank is empty except for rock and a few snails. I wanted to make sure that everything was going to work properly and have no problems before i reintroduce my livestock. Currently they are crammed into supheads 46 gallon bowfront. Hopefully i will get them tom. But all in all i think the move was worth it b/c now i think i have a nice stand, canopy, and a wonderful sump/fuge.

here are pictures of the box for the ballast. Not completly done yet still have to put a coat of polyurethane on it.

Actually you cant tell but i used black zip ties to hold the wavemaster onto the shelf. The light in the sump is a flood light socket from Home depot and a 65w sylvania grow bulb. Total light cost was only 12 dollars. Pretty cheap.

Ive got an 18 watt grow light on my 55 gal fuge. My few prolifera strands are going crazy, not to mention my pod populations are through the roof. Your tank looks great, keep up the good work! :infinity:

Looks really good, I was thinking the same thing about the wavemaster, but the zipties should hold it hehe

brndfrb said:
The light in the sump is a flood light socket from Home depot and a 65w sylvania grow bulb. Total light cost was only 12 dollars. Pretty cheap.

How hot does it get under the stand?

it is the same light I am using. It is a simple powdercoated outdoor socket ($4.95 at Lowes) and the bulb mentioned above (about 5 bucks). Works like a dream. It is a bit yellow in spectrum but the macros thrive. I have been running mine for a few months now and struggle to keep up with the cheatomorpha and razor calerpa growth.

well right now with no doors on the stand it doesn't get hot. But before i put the doors on i am going to istall a fan in under the stand to suck the hot air out just in case. I am very happy with the stand though

It looks great! I wish our hood had come out 1/2 that nice! :) How long does it take fumes and the odor from stain and polyurethane (?) to go away so you can put it up on the tank? (see, mine isnt even stained hehehe :oops: )

Back
Top Bottom