new star again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I went to the LFS last night since Fri is when they get their shipments. I told the guy about the last star not lasting 24 hours and he offered to help me out on another.

They had a little bigger red marble star and he knocked $5 off the price. The good thing was it had not been acclimated so it had not been handled. I dripped it for 4 hours and it was moving alot.

Question is, when I added it, it climbed up the tank wall and has been sitting at the water line all night/morning. I also got a refractometer yesterday and found out my Deepsix has been off. My tank has been at 1.028. The bag water on the star was 1.025.

Am I in trouble?

I would think that since you dripped acclimated it so long that you are in good shape. Stars like to go sit at the water line alot. Just keep an eye on him. :wink:

Agree, sounds like you did everything right. My Orange star likes to sit at the water line. I believe he tries to feed there.

I think this is common for most stars. My linkia spends most of its time near the water line.

Back
Top Bottom