New Stock List for 72bowfront.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
After losing 8 fish in 3 days due to ich my tank is setting fallow for 45 days. I will restock slowly and am now using a QT tank for all fish purchased. Lesson learned and I will not be without a QT again. My restock list is below and comments welcome but I realize that 2 small bristletooth tangs may be a risk. The 2 listed are very different from each other and I will keep a close eye on them and be ready to move one if needed. For clarification the DT is setting fallow with inverts,coral frags and live rock still running the tank.

Please let me know about this revised list in the order of introduction planned.

1-Two Spot Bristletooth, in QT now.
1-White tail Bristletooth, very different color than the 2 spot.
2-Standard Ocillaris clowns (intro a nem while clowns in QT) Tank age considering QT time will be 6mos.
1-Green clown Goby
1-purple psuedochromis

Total 6 fish in 72 bowfront with 20 gal sump. These fish will be introduced after each has served time in QT for observation and treatment if needed. Would it be prudent to treat all tangs with copper product before introducing to DT while they are in QT?

Last edited:
Hello, I would personally wait eight weeks before you add any fish (just to make sure all of the ich is gone). As far as Tangs go, I probably wouldn't add a second one to your tank. There is the possibility of fighting, like you said, but I feel that the tank is too small for two Tangs. :) it is very smart of you to be thinking about treating new fish before going into the display tank. I, personally have began using the hypo salinity method to make sure any oncoming fish is free of ich. :)

+1 Redsea

I would also caution against two tangs in that tank, not enough room and that will just increase the chance of aggression. :)

The white tail bristletooth is still out of stock as well, I've been on the email list since before christmas and they still havent' come in yet. :-(

I kept 2 tangs in my 110. I used an acrylic divider to introduce the tangs ( Lavender & Sail fin ). I have 9 different tangs in my 450 today.

After much reading I am not doing 2 tangs in the 72. I will substitute a Carpenters Flasher Wrasse for the white tail as the 2 spot bristletooth is in QT now. After the tang goes in I will put the Carpenters and Green Clown Goby in QT together as they are peaceful and will be small though the Carpenters can get 3 inches when mature.

Back
Top Bottom