New Stuff discovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it's been 6 months or so since adding anything to my tanks, in the past 2 to 3 weeks I have discovered that I have fleshy limets, smoe more of those darn hairy crabs, and tonight while I was trying to unbury my rock (dang strawberry gramma) I found that I have little white star fish. Wonder what's next.

Really, stuff can show up from that long ago, now I'm scared. I'm thinking well so far so good. Now I know I may not know for a while LOL.

Rachel

Oh it all depends on the amount of lr also, the tank that I found the hairy crab in has about 175lbs of rock 8O , bound to find something from time to time :roll: . The starfish could have been very small when it showed up. Of course I have been told where there is 1 there are a bunch more, but they are good critters to have. :mrgreen:

I don't have a whole lot of variety in my tank, but one thing I do have is those tiny white starfish.. maybe 200 of them in my 54g tank and none larger than a dime (with legs)

I heard (from GARF) that those actually eat corals, so watch out for white spots on your corals according to GARF two of them can eat a whole coral in a day 8O check out the site you might want to look into that!

that those actually eat corals

There are actually 2 breeds of them, the ones Garf talks about and another non coral eating type. so far I have not seen any problems.

ok, the way you described them, it sounded just like the ones that they had a Garf, but I just wanted to let you know in case you didnt know about that Garf article.

-Max

That is why I love this hobby, always something new to find. I thought I lost my flame scallop and a burgandy/purple star that something had attaked. When I recently did some rearranging I found the scallop alive and well and two pieces of the star growing new legs so now I will have two stars.

Back
Top Bottom