New sump *just updated with pic of setup in action*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, just wanted to give an update. The new sump is in and working fine so far. I had no adverse effects from the swap. I included a pic for comparison to the mess I had before. Take care.

PREVIOUS POST

"Hey everyone. I am going to re-build my sump for the final time (I hope) this is my 4th shot at it and I think I have it nailed this time. First I'll give you a quick background:
SUMP IN SERVICE NOW:
30G AGA long
EV-120 in sump
Ecosystem Reefugium 100 (about 3G micro fuge) sitting above the 30G
AGA.
Sump has been in service with refugium for about 5 months.

I am currently building another 30G AGA with a downstream fuge incorporated. This fuge will hold about 18 gallons, a large upgrade from my 3G mud system. I am not planning on keeping any of the mud from the ecosystem as I am going to a 4-6" LS bed in my new fuge.

Okay, so does anyone see any potential impact on my system from completely ripping out the entire sump, refugium, and plumbing and transplanting in a new one?
Oh, in case anyone is wondering "why would you want to change a sump that is obviously working for you?" I am enclosing a pic of the enormous garbled mess that is my sump... you gotta see this mess to believe it.

lol ya should see my mess lol guess why when i asked the old lady if i could drill a few holes in the wall to put all my crap in the garage she yelled "please i hate the smell of that skimmer "!!! heheheh
no i dont see any probs at all !! i just moved my 55 fuge two days ago had to pull out the sand ect.. all settled in a matter of hours and running clean now !! my skimmer did pull out 3-4 gallons the past 24 hours so did stir up alot of crap !!

OMG thanks for that post. I was looking for a way to put a fuge in my AGA stand... I thought I had a mess. lol

I challenge anyone here to post a pic of a nastier sump configuration! If we people participate and we have to make a vote out of it than so be it LoL

It feels much cleaner now, I know it wasn't as horrible as I made it out to be, but its really nice to have a fuge you can really look at and enjoy, not just an acryllic shoe box.

That looks awesome! You have under your tank what I have in a closet behind the tank. Looks better too :)

I am going to re-design my fish room now.

Looks very clean!

scuba_steve said:
lol ya should see my mess lol guess why when i asked the old lady if i could drill a few holes in the wall to put all my crap in the garage she yelled "please i hate the smell of that skimmer "!!! heheheh
no i dont see any probs at all !! i just moved my 55 fuge two days ago had to pull out the sand ect.. all settled in a matter of hours and running clean now !! my skimmer did pull out 3-4 gallons the past 24 hours so did stir up alot of crap !!

Does a skimmer stink that bad? If it were in a bedroom, would it make the whole room stink up? (Say a 15x15 room)

tygger have ya ever dumped a skimmer cup ?? heheh ya would know the smell ! i made my own skimmer so all the waste goes into a 5 gallon bucket and yea if ya dont mty it, would fill a room with the smell !! if ya leave it the cup ya wouldnt notice a smell ! but mines to big for that !

i have my tank in my room. and i am always in my room and have found that there is no smell. the smell is there only when you dump out the cup. i also have mine drain in to a bottle. smaller opening so the smell to get out of.

Back
Top Bottom