Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
New sump *just updated with pic of setup in action*

Hello, just wanted to give an update. The new sump is in and working fine so far. I had no adverse effects from the swap. I included a pic for comparison to the mess I had before. Take care.

PREVIOUS POST

"Hey everyone. I am going to re-build my sump for the final time (I hope) this is my 4th shot at it and I think I have it nailed this time. First I'll give you a quick background:
SUMP IN SERVICE NOW:
30G AGA long
EV-120 in sump
Ecosystem Reefugium 100 (about 3G micro fuge) sitting above the 30G
AGA.
Sump has been in service with refugium for about 5 months.

I am currently building another 30G AGA with a downstream fuge incorporated. This fuge will hold about 18 gallons, a large upgrade from my 3G mud system. I am not planning on keeping any of the mud from the ecosystem as I am going to a 4-6" LS bed in my new fuge.

Okay, so does anyone see any potential impact on my system from completely ripping out the entire sump, refugium, and plumbing and transplanting in a new one?
Oh, in case anyone is wondering "why would you want to change a sump that is obviously working for you?" I am enclosing a pic of the enormous garbled mess that is my sump... you gotta see this mess to believe it.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol ya should see my mess lol guess why when i asked the old lady if i could drill a few holes in the wall to put all my crap in the garage she yelled "please i hate the smell of that skimmer "!!! heheheh
no i dont see any probs at all !! i just moved my 55 fuge two days ago had to pull out the sand ect.. all settled in a matter of hours and running clean now !! my skimmer did pull out 3-4 gallons the past 24 hours so did stir up alot of crap !!

Old 06-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im going to repost a pic of the new setup once its done, the comparison should be pretty funny

-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

OMG thanks for that post. I was looking for a way to put a fuge in my AGA stand... I thought I had a mess. lol
Old 06-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I challenge anyone here to post a pic of a nastier sump configuration! If we people participate and we have to make a vote out of it than so be it LoL

Old 06-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
IT dont look all that bad.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It feels much cleaner now, I know it wasn't as horrible as I made it out to be, but its really nice to have a fuge you can really look at and enjoy, not just an acryllic shoe box.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:27 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Very nice improvement, Brisco!

www.panhandlereefers.com

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
GrndHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

good job !!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:04 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
That does look alot cleaner.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pic, setup, sump, updated

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com