Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-27-2002, 10:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New tang

I have been tring to decide which tang to get fo my 80gl. I was playing with either a hippo or a powder blue. There was some baby hippos at the LFS but I have always heard that they dont have vey good success rates when purchased that small. All this time there was this kole in one of the back tanks that I would look at. The more I would look at it the better it looked. I took my wife in with me to "look around" and presto one kole tang in my tank. Will have pics by the end of the night, if the fish will pose for me that is.

http://www.geocities.com/selestinoca.../homepage.html
donkeykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 11:20 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to masterchief117
a kole tang is a great additon to any tank because it eats algae and it also eats the dropping of other fish thus breaking things down even more. The best tang IMO is the Yellow Tang they eat algae like theres no tomorrow, are relatively cheap, have a beautiful yellow, and are readily available.

Old 09-28-2002, 02:47 AM   #3

Best I could do before the batteries in the camera went dead

Its made its at home and is all over the tank. Has made friends with the cleaner shrimp and learned that the Coralbanded shrimp dont like company. I already see lip prints on the back glass
http://www.geocities.com/selestinoca.../homepage.html
donkeykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:42 AM   #4

Hi there! Congrats on the new tang! Tangs are beautiful and friendly fish! The only question I have is: Will your tank be big enough? Tangs on the whole need alot of swim space so as not to stress them and cause them to die!
I have an 80 gallon reef aquarium as well and do not have a tang in it because of that reason. I think a yellow tang may be alright but still I am a little concerned about attempting it! Johnny

Tags
tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com