New tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carson24

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello as of right now I have a 55 g tank but just bought a 120 g and didn't buy a stand but I put it on this very strong bar we have but each end hangs over the corners with the water in it will the weight cause it to crack?? Should I just buy a stand??

I suggest a new stand for that large of tank. Something with at least the same footprint.

Definitely going to need a sturdy stand. A 120g tank weighs in the neighborhood of 1200-1400lbs fully loaded

Hello again the thing is the bar is really sturdy but I'm worried that the actuall tank will crack if I put 2x4s under it long ways do u thing this would be good enough. I want to get the stand but my mom is weining bc she wants it on the bar and my puffer gets sucked up against my power head what should I do about that??

Definitely do not leave it on the bar. All the weight on/in and aquarium sits at the ends - this is why LFS stands can basically be two upright pieces of 3/4" wood. Almost none of the weight sits along the front or back, nor is it designed to. By placing your tank on a support where it sits over on both ends, you are asking for a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom