New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharlene

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are almost 4 weeks into our Biocube 29 and the green soft algae is growing on the glass. I've read this is part of the normal process then we read it may be too long a light period. We have changed the filter and also did a 20% water change as well as cleaning the glass. Are we supposed to let it grow on the glass until it turns dark green or black then clean it? We have had our water tested by the lfs several times and it is good. We don't know what to do at this point? Thanks everyone!

Sharlene said:
We are almost 4 weeks into our Biocube 29 and the green soft algae is growing on the glass. I've read this is part of the normal process then we read it may be too long a light period. We have changed the filter and also did a 20% water change as well as cleaning the glass. Are we supposed to let it grow on the glass until it turns dark green or black then clean it? We have had our water tested by the lfs several times and it is good. We don't know what to do at this point? Thanks everyone!

I have the same tank and let my lights run 8 hour's a day, if u could post some pics it would greatly help in identifying the algae and help in determining the course of action that will be needed to take :)

Back
Top Bottom