New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have my 72 gallon bow front all setup I bought it from someone so I took 75% of there water so it's settled. Anyway what I need to know is this........it has a coralife 3 stage light, it has night light and 2 others. The 2 others use 2 bulbs each it is a t5 ho bulb my question is what bulbs should be on and when besides the night light I know when that is suppose to come on. I have 2 blue and 2 white, should the 2 blues come on together then the whites and the blues for the day then back to just the blues before the night light. Please help

So I have my 72 gallon bow front all setup I bought it from someone so I took 75% of there water so it's settled. Anyway what I need to know is this........it has a coralife 3 stage light, it has night light and 2 others. The 2 others use 2 bulbs each it is a t5 ho bulb my question is what bulbs should be on and when besides the night light I know when that is suppose to come on. I have 2 blue and 2 white, should the 2 blues come on together then the whites and the blues for the day then back to just the blues before the night light. Please help

To answer your actual question, yes. Both blue, actinic lights should come on an hour before the whites. They should stay on all day and the whites should go out an hour before the actinic.

You did well taking some of the original water if it's a transfer all creatures will be fine a 25 percent wc is good. IMO a 100 percent wc is unsafe if it was we would all do one once a month to keep levels at zero.

Yup I wanted to take as much as I could I stopped at 55 I figured a 25 wc would be alright

Back
Top Bottom