New Tank Build in New House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camaroracer214

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey AA, I wanted to share my newest adventure with you.

I started the build on my blog AquaNerd but wanted to post it here for everyone to see.

In the process of building this new house, I'm going to attempt to upgrade from my current setup (a 180 gallon SPS reef tank) to a slightly larger 225 gallon aquarium. The reason for the upgrade is a combination of accessibility and style. Right now, I have a fairly difficult time getting into the aquarium because it is 24" tall, has a large eurobrace, and the canopy is very restrictive despite it being so large. So, the new tank will be 72"L x 36"W x 20"H and will be rimless. I plan to suspend a light over the tank, that way I can raise it or lower it to my liking. The canopy is killing me. As for style, this can be a simple fix, but I'm dying to start over. The stand and canopy don't match the style of the new house. The cabinetry is the wrong color and the style is more old fashioned, whereas the house has a more modern feel to it.

But here's the caveat...I cannot do all this unless I sell my the aquarium I am using now. So, the upgrade is depending on that. If I don't sell my 180, I'll just have to set it back up at the new place and start saving for the upgrade.

I'll be sure to update regularly! So stay tuned.

update...

been a while since the last update, but been working hard and haven't had time to run by the house too much.

The builders put the stone on the house and completely finished the brick!

and some of the trim work is put in place...

I'm still trying to work out the tank details and selling my current setup has been tough. But I'm working on it.

Looks very nice! Looks like the builders are doing some good work. Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom