New tank - How long to wait to add fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just transferred my 75 to a 110 a couple days ago things for starting to look fine. How long should I wait before introducing new corals and fish

image-1120178236.jpg

In my opinion it depends on what you have in there already. The more fish you have now the longer i would wait to add more. As far as corals you can add away as long as the parameters are good. :)

You're welcome! :)

let us know when you start adding livestock, would love to see pictures. The tank looks awesome already and can just get better! lol

I moved from a 50 gal wide to a 125 and was able to add fish in just a few days. I would recommend using Chemi-pure and some type of beneficial bacteria product to speed up the cycling process.

Right now as far as fish I have pair of black clowns, stray eye blenny watchman dragon a and two other gobies. What would be good to ad

I kept my rock in water and plus have rock in sump. Tank shouldn't ycle should it?

Nope, I wouldnt expect a cycle unless you re-used any sand from the old tank without rinsing it.

I would also say 2 weeks is good enough to make sure the water and tank is mostly stable.

2 weeks. Man, tic tac tic tac. I can't wait til 2 weeks is up

That will help a lot. depending on the water you used add to the difference in gallon increase will make a difference also. I know that when i add tap water with a dechlor there is always a boom of hair algae for about 2 weeks.. this also is considered a mini cycle. I try to use RO/DI water. This deffinatly makes a difference with my corals.

I kept about 40 gal of old water. And I only use ro'di I filled tank with fresh water and made my water up in tank and ran for 24 hr

ok that works. Im an impaitent hobbyiest so im always looking for ways to do things fast.

U and me both not sure what fish I'm gonna ad, any suggestions

well im not sure what all you already have in there but i would start with some hardy ones. clowns, damsels, and chromis look good and are very hardy. foxface rabbit fish do well also. I added a foxface and a golden headed sleeper goby just 4 days after moving into the 125 gallon tank and they are doing great. once you add a few and you see that they are doing well then you can go with something a little different. angel fish and maybe a few tangs. they say that you should only have one type of tang but in my expierence i have found that as long as you add the different kinds of tangs in at the same time then they do just fine together, and they will make the tank look fuller since they are very active swimmers.

I have pair of black clowns a draggon a watchman a stary eyed a pseudo and one other blenny

Yes acans assorted softys mushrooms and chalice and a few sps

Back
Top Bottom