Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

you can buy clear pvc so i dont have to hollow out anything.. zero go to google type in fish tank bridge its how ill build mine. plus itd be pretty easy to clean actually.. and oh they are my bad lol i thought it said 20

Old 04-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I wouldn't think cleaning something like that could possibly be that difficult. Couldn't you just buy a bottle-brush or something?
It sounds like a cool idea to me. And the fact that it's challenging will make it all the more special once it's done. You'll appreciate it more. Nothing really neat is ever easy to accomplish.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

no it wouldnt be hard at all that what you suggested about the bottle brush is what i was gonna do
Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

heres the link for how ill do mine Bio-Elite Aquarium Water-Bridge i wont have to cut the tank at all
Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
is back to save the day!

Lol. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ah I see, that is pretty simple then I was thinking you wanted to do it through the sides of the tank
Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Going through the sides of an acyrlic tank would be fairly easy. I would glue the four sides together as if you where making a sq. tube the size you wanted, then glue that to the two tanks in the position that you wanted the bridge. After the glue is set I would then cut out the holes inside the square using a router and Waala...done.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
Going through the sides of an acyrlic tank would be fairly easy. I would glue the four sides together as if you where making a sq. tube the size you wanted, then glue that to the two tanks in the position that you wanted the bridge. After the glue is set I would then cut out the holes inside the square using a router and Waala...done.
now thats a good idea. lol maybe something to try out sometime
Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

You were asking about 2 pumps before... you only want water leaving one tank and returning to the other if the water in the pipe doesn't have steady flow it will develop air bubbles.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
You were asking about 2 pumps before... you only want water leaving one tank and returning to the other if the water in the pipe doesn't have steady flow it will develop air bubbles.
ahh that is true or else it really wouldnt stay the same parameters through out the tanks. and it'd have steady flow by doing it with just one pump and overflow

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com