New Tank Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my new aquarium has arrived and its all set up. Great fun and a lot of hard work.

As you can see from the photos the old tank is nearly empty except 2 clowns a BTA and a regal tang. The cuc haven't made their way across to the new tank yet either.

My question is whether or not I'm going to get a spike at all. The water parameters are stable and I'm using live rock I've had for over a year now so it's fully matured.

Fish currently in the new setup are 4 blue reef damsels and 6 green chromis.

Attachments

• image-438572817.jpg
    image-438572817.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-295618553.jpg
    image-295618553.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 127
You may get a small one,I upgrade a 75 to a 125 and had no issues, just keep checking it for a few weeks, nice tank :)

Thanks I'm really pleased with it.

Im not sure if I want to put my tang, clowns and BTA in the new tank until I know it's ready however at the same time I need to get rid of the old tank ASAP.

Well the live rock is its main filtration and I have moved that from my old tank.

My skimmer doesn't seem to be foaming up at all but I'm guessing that has to do with the lack of biological waste in the system.

I have 5 RBT, I moved everything over all at the same time, I had about 150# of live rock, half from the old tank and half that cycled for 2 months

Watch for a spike (ammonia) in the old tank as you pulled most of the filtration out

I'd put the skimmer back on there just to add to the filtration until you move the rest of the stock over

Back
Top Bottom