New tankmate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
My lfs had there official grand opening today with 20% off all fish coral. I picked up a nice zebra eel that I have been wanting for a while now. He's about a foot long and maybe two inch thick. He's acclimating now so will have pics shortly.

One thing I've noticed is that he is keeping his mouth open a lot anyone know if this is normal?

Yeah dude completely normal. I work at my LFS and we have a zebra Morray and has been there for awhile because he's like 210 bucks. But whenever people go up to him he opens his mouth like he's hissing at you. Just shut him up with big pieces of scallop lol. But yeah it's normal.

He ate at my lfs while I was there should I expect him to eat again? He wouldn't touch a cut up piece of shrimp I tried to feed him.

I usually feed the eel every other day. Depends on how much you feed him honestly. Try scallops with garlic. They love it

He's doing really good. A lot more active than I thought he would be. Especially at night. Added another pic.

IMG_20120915_135744-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom