New to me 110 gallon set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had a couplr set backs with the 110 but I think I have it all worked out now.
I am deciding now what corals I already have can be moved to the 110 to get it started.

those vinyl tubing lines are great for reducing flow restrictions but ughh do they scare the crap outta me!! make sure they are secured properly

those vinyl tubing lines are great for reducing flow restrictions but ughh do they scare the crap outta me!! make sure they are secured properly

One of those vinyl lines was one of my set backs. I have replaced one of them and the other will be replaced soon.

I was looking at some of the pics earlier in your thread. If you haven't already, I would highly suggest to replace the metal clamps with the plastic ratcheting kind. The metal will rust over time. BRS even has a sale on them atm.

Ratchet Clamp for Tubing - Bulk Reef Supply

Have some of the plastic clsmps on order. I just used the metal ones to get the tank up and running.

I am use to using HOB filters I just recently put a sump on my 60 reef it does not have the refug. Will start a new thread to discus that. Any way piont is I am not familiar with sump systems.
Do I have to have a light on the refug. If so what kind is recommended. I dont have anything growing there at the moment. It came with sand and live rock in it..
Should this be changed out or what do I do with it.

id personally ditch the sand in the refugium, buy a simple clamp on work light and run a spiral-bulb in it. also toss in some form of macroalgae

yeah thats the one thing i need to get around to doing. it really doesnt serve a purpose when it comes to refugiums...unless you run a dsb.

just to clarify, im speaking strictly in regards to refugiums having sand. i have different feelings regarding dsb in the dt itself

i guess an arguement could be made that it may be a functioning dsb but at what value? theres prob not enough surface area on that refugium dsb to justify keeping it around. i like the idea of bare bottom refugiums only because it allows for extremely easy clean up and doesnt allow detritus to build up in the sand

i guess an arguement could be made that it may be a functioning dsb but at what value? theres prob not enough surface area on that refugium dsb to justify keeping it around. i like the idea of bare bottom refugiums only because it allows for extremely easy clean up and doesnt allow detritus to build up in the sand

The refuge part of the sump is about the size of a 10 gal. Tank maybe a little bigger. The entire sump is made out of a 33 long aquarium. Like I said before no experance with them.

Back
Top Bottom