New to me 110 gallon set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have decided to keep the refugium in the sump. Have found a few surprises in the live rock lol. I have a couple hermits that apparently were hiding in the rocks and an emerald crab. I have added a pair of osilaris clowns one is the nemo looking orange and white the other is a black and white from another tank of mine. They have setteled in well. I got a Stary blenny some hermits and a couple turbos along with 2 peppermint shrimp from the LFS yesterday.

Dealing with daitoms. Uuggghhh I dont have issues with water changes will do them daily if needed but I hate the daitoms.
On a good note the stary blenny seems to like them he is munching them down. I was hopeing that sense this was a used set up I might avoid the daitom problems but I talked to the guy I bought it from and he told me the tank had been resealed not long before I got it. : face palm: on an up side it dont leak but new silicone new tank daitoms. Oh well it will be awsome once all the silicates work out

Dealing with daitoms. Uuggghhh I dont have issues with water changes will do them daily if needed but I hate the daitoms. On a good note the stary blenny seems to like them he is munching them down. I was hopeing that sense this was a used set up I might avoid the daitom problems but I talked to the guy I bought it from and he told me the tank had been resealed not long before I got it. : face palm: on an up side it dont leak but new silicone new tank daitoms. Oh well it will be awsome once all the silicates work out

They'll be gone before you know it! Patience is key :)

Getting the back of my tank painted. I know a little backwards should have painted before set up but I figure better late than never. Its gonna look great after all the datoms die down.

Havent posted for a few days. The new tank is doing great! It has had a couple hiccups and my being new to sumps I have had a couple problems getting that all worked out but I am really enjoying the much bigger area to work with. It still has some daitom issues but they are going away slowly but surly.

Any sugestions for fish I can stock? Its a 110 tall. It currently has a Stary Blenny and 2 clowns one regular orange and white the other black and white. They seem to be a pair stay together all the time they even sleep together. Hermit crabs and snails 2 turbos about 4 very small I think nurites its the ones the burry themselves in the sand the others was a variety from local salty shop.
I also have a rainbow colored folded brain coral a hammer coral and what I think is pink stary pollips and one devils hand leather. I also noticed yesterday that I have 3 pink sponges growing in there.

Back
Top Bottom