New to saltwater tanks!! Want some info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just checked my water with a friends saltwater test kit and he said that I have no nitrite or nitrate and my ammonia is at 0 the only problems I have are the salinity and ph the ph is at 7.7-7.8 and the salinity is at .30, just did a partial water change and put RO in it

i agree with everyone about the sailfin it will slowly stress itself to death i learned the hard way when i was starting out my tank was 40 and i bought one :( but we learn from our mistakes and pass the knowledge along hoping people will use it also i highly recommend removing the 3 stripe damsel there very pretty but have high aggression and are territorial especially when introduced to the tank first which many ppl do cause its a cheap fish to cycle with but so are chromis this being said sorry for putting down your stock tank looks wonderful in any case

Thanks a lot and I know what you mean about the sailfin but I'm I'm the process of that now I'm looking for a 6 foot tank but I has been hard I found some 150 gal but they are too short in width the best one I found was a 4 foot tank by 3 foot high and 2 foot deep

And I know what you mean about the striped bit he was introduced second to last, and he is only aggressive with the other damsel

Do you guys think that a 150 gal 48in long 31in tall and 24 deep will be good enough for the tang and maybe be another tang

I would look for a 125 or larger 6' tank. The length is more important than the gallons in this case. The tangs like to swim, thus the 6' tank suggestion.

Hondachico said:
And I know what you mean about the striped bit he was introduced second to last, and he is only aggressive with the other damsel

there personality gets more aggressive as they grow one day their nice next day their bullies i have a pair in my 50 gallon they killed my hawk fish but now live happy with my ship and goby pair 3 fish in a 50 gallon lol

Back
Top Bottom