Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Any updates?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStav View Post
Any updates?
i ended up getting an LED marineland light so worth the money,still havent put any fishes in my water i tested it and the ammonia an nitrate were at 0 but my nitrites were high idk y so im giving it another weekend

i ended up getting a 55 gallon and i kinda need help with the euipment if you guys can make me a list of the items i need for that size tank it would be awsome for example what kind of filter ect....

Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseramentol

i ended up getting an LED marineland light so worth the money,still havent put any fishes in my water i tested it and the ammonia an nitrate were at 0 but my nitrites were high idk y so im giving it another weekend

i ended up getting a 55 gallon and i kinda need help with the euipment if you guys can make me a list of the items i need for that size tank it would be awsome for example what kind of filter ect....
That's a good led fixture, did you get the double bright one that's capable for corals?

For a 55g you can check out my thread cuz I'm setting one up right now. Look into adding a sump. Can be done really easy with a rubbermaid container and some PVC, easy.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStav View Post
That's a good led fixture, did you get the double bright one that's capable for corals?

For a 55g you can check out my thread cuz I'm setting one up right now. Look into adding a sump. Can be done really easy with a rubbermaid container and some PVC, easy.
yea i got the reef capable one so i can throw some clown fishes in there with some anenome since the baby is always going to be playing with that 1, i was thinking of making the 55 a little more aggresive prob do a shark with a lion fish and an eel dont know yet

yea i definetly will check it out, im planning on making this 1 a self made project so im going to try making everything from a stand to a sump to overflow system lol hopefully everything works great even though im still a little confused with the whole flow system
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseramentol

yea i got the reef capable one so i can throw some clown fishes in there with some anenome since the baby is always going to be playing with that 1, i was thinking of making the 55 a little more aggresive prob do a shark with a lion fish and an eel dont know yet

yea i definetly will check it out, im planning on making this 1 a self made project so im going to try making everything from a stand to a sump to overflow system lol hopefully everything works great even though im still a little confused with the whole flow system
You won't find a shark for a 55g, the smallest sharks like the cat sharks need a minimum 200+g... You could go for a dwarf lionfish, a snowflake eel may work in a 55 but they do get big...

Once I get my tank together this week I'll make a video showing how it all works, might help you understand sumps etc.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #46
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You will also need a tight fitting lid for a snowflake eel. They like to go on vacation in warm, dryer enviroments.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but those reef capable lights arent' really "reef capable", you might be able to keep some mushrooms but no way can they support an anemone. :-(
Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Freak

I hope it will be a dwarf lion fish for a small tank plus tank needs to be mature and have really good stable conditions for a anemone and you can forgot about the shark lol seems like your new to the hobby based on what u say so please do a lot of research its easy to buy something and put it in a tank but giving it a proper living conditions where it will e comfortable and healthy is what's needed
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just noticed it says in your title your new to the hobby lol just do a lot of research and you should be fine
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStav
Once I get my tank together this week I'll make a video showing how it all works, might help you understand sumps etc.
I'm very interested in this video. I've read about dumps but I cannot visualize how it works and I need to see it in action. I'm planning a 55gal reef tank (have made zero purchases towards it so far!) and then yesterday my husband said I should get a sump and now I'm thinking maybe I should. I was planning on a protein skimmer, refugium and a penguin bio wheel filter... But if you make a video that helps me understand sumps I'll go that route since it seems like that's what people think works best.

Joseramentol- I'll be following along here. I'm finding this thread really interesting and I hope everything is coming along! Www.liveaquaria.com (I think that's the right address) has alot of information on all kinds of fish, inverts and corals and stuff. I've found it very useful in deciding what fish I want and what their needs are.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com