new toadstool leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I mainly have LPS in my tank, besides my shrooms this is my first softie. It looked great in the LFS. I am not sure what kind of lighting it had but it was not halides. I acclimated it and put it at the lower section of my tank because I have halides. It has been slumped over since Saturday. I know they do that sometimes, but how long is normal? It seems even more slumped today than it was originally. :cry:

Make sure it has good waterflow and try shading it just a bit. It may just be shedding from the stress of the move.

I will move him into more shade. If he is shedding how long will it take? 8O All parameteres are good.

If he is shedding how long will it take?

With good waterflow on the coral it shouldn't take more than 5-7 days. You should also inspect the coral closely for any necrotic ares (in leathers it is usually a very white are where the flesh crumbles off. FWIW, I have had toadstools that went dormant for months after a lighting upgrade and never opened up, until I fragged it.

The polyps have opened some but it is still slumped over. I am guessing that it is a good sign. :)

Back
Top Bottom